- This event has passed.
28 November 2022 - 1 December 2022Fee TBC
For years the WEEF & GEDC conferences have been invaluable forums where educators, students, engineers and industry representatives have gathered to prepare for a future of global disruption. The past two years have accelerated the global reality as the Covid-19 pandemic has firmly planted us in a state of global disruption. We are no longer preparing: we are here, in the midst of disruption, coming together to reflect on our contexts. The themes of the 2022 WEEF & GEDC conference, collocated with the AEEA 2022 conference, can be represented by these questions:
- How have we adapted to global disruption?
How do we create stable environments that are less vulnerable, more resilient to global disruption?
How do we meet this challenge of global disruption that is bound to be the status quo for the foreseeable future?
If we approach these challenges in an integrative (multidisciplinary, interinstitutional, cross-cultural, inclusive, diverse, trusting and ethical) manner, we will create holistic learning and engineering environments (that meet the cognitive, affective and systemic needs of society, students, academia and industry) which will create sustainable (safer, peaceful and cohesive planet) solutions for our future.
Join us in mapping out our Integrative, Holistic and Sustainable future together!
- Abstract submission opens 17 January 2022
- Deadline for abstract submission – Extended to 14 April 2022
- Notification of abstract acceptance 29 April 2022
- Deadline for full paper submission 30 June 2022
- Notification of full paper acceptance 15 August 2022
- Online registration opens 15 August 2022
- Workshop proposal submission deadline 15 September 2022
- Submission of final camera-ready papers 26 September 2022
- Conference dates 28 November–1 December 2022
Submit abstracts from 17 January 2022: https://www.conftool.org/weefgedc2022
Call for Workshops & Special Sessions
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We would like to invite short proposals (500-700 words) for special sessions (e.g. panel discussions, round table discussions) and interactive workshops for the upcoming WEEF-GEDC / AEEA 2022 conference. Deadline for workshop and special session proposals is 31 July 2022.
- Guidelines for workshop and special session proposals: https://weefgedc2022.org/workshop-submissions/
- Furthermore, due to requests from our international advisory board, we are allowing late abstract submissions for the technical programme until 31 May 2022.
- Guidelines for abstract submission: https://weefgedc2022.org/abstract-submissions/
- Link to submission portal: https://www.conftool.org/weefgedc2022/
IFEES and GEDC is partnering with AEEA to present the WEEF & GEDC 2022 conference and events. We invite educators, students, engineers and industry representatives to engage in meaningful conversations around the future of engineering education globally. We are specifically focusing this year on how we have adapted to the global disruption brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic, looking at this topic from the perspective of meeting the challenges with integrative, holistic, and sustainable engineering and engineering education practice.
The theme of the conference has been broadly arranged under sub-themes integrative, holistic, and sustainable, leading to questions like:
- How can we integrate our diverse global environments within engineering education, to build more resilient and sustainable learning environments for all?
- How do the systemic, cognitive, and affective aspects of our daily experiences coordinate to provide a holistic and humanising approach to engineering and engineering education?
- How can we leverage our communities to meet the global challenges and rapidly changing environments with sustainable solutions?
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Diversity and Inclusion in Engineering Education
- Industry and Engineering Education
- Development of Engineering Educators
- Student and lecturer well-being
- Future of Engineering and Engineering Education
We look forward to hosting you in Cape Town and sharing this vibrant event with our dynamic community of engaged engineers, educators and students.
- For general enquiries, including information about sponsorship packages, please email Conference Operations Chair: Ms Managa Devar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For enquiries related to the technical programme, please email Technical Programme Chair: Prof Deborah Blaine at email@example.com
- For enquiries related to the workshops and special sessions, please email Workshop Sub-committee Coordinator: Dr Lelanie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your organising committee for WEEF & GEDC 2022 partnering with AEEA conference